Sunday, August 10, 2008

camping

so.... we went camping last week. with my mom's friend Elizabeth and her family; her husband Bryan is a good friend of my dad's and their 2 kids, Tiffany and Grant and my little sister and brother's best friends. so, that was interesting. they're kinda health freaks, so almost everything we ate was like... organic or something. i mean, the night we had spaghetti it was made with rice instead of wheat, it was good, but kinda weird. haha. umm, we went on a couple super long hikes, which was kinda cool, but i'm still tired from the whole adventure (or maybe i'm tired from staying up late with Sara every night since i got back? i think it's probably both). on the way back from our trip i read a book called "The Shack" it's beyond awesome, the creepy part is; a girl in the book is kidnapped (it's a true story) from a campground on the lake where we were camping. mmhmm, so like the whole story talks about stuff i had just seen. jeez, it was creepy. anyway, awesome book, read it if you can. kinda weird, but i really love that book. oh, Elizabeth's sister, Margie and her 2 kids were there too. i've known them for like... years, the kids are Maleah (9) and Darren (7). Margie had to go back to work, but wanted the kids to get to stay, so she payed me to help take care of the for the rest of the trip. that was... interesting, but pretty cool. oh, and there were a bunch of thunderstorms so the last night all the kids (except for my brother and me) went to the cabin Elizabeth's mom was staying in. chickens. haha, it was cool though 'cause then i got the whole tent to myself and got to sleep on 2 mats instead of just 1. haha. but, when i woke up in the morning i just sat there and enjoyed the storm until i felt something weird on my face, i thought it was just like the corner of the sleeping bag or something, but it was A SPIDER! so, i kinda scared it when i touched it, so it bit me, and that scared me, so i grabbed it and threw it. then i realized i should probably have looked at it and made sure it wasn't something terribly evil like a black widow or a brown recluse. but, i couldn't find it anywhere in the tent, and other than a purple-ish spot on my lip where it bit me, i seem to be ok. haha, anyway, it was a long long long interesting week, although rather boring and frustrating at times.

No comments: