Monday, April 14, 2008

Yes, it's true

OK, so I told you that I would be gone on a youth retreat all weekend. It was wonderful! And, for those of you that know me, if you heard the rumor that I got a black eye while I was gone, Yes, I did. And no, it wasn't because I'm violent. Although I can be at times. I was standing on a big pile of snow talking to some of my friends, when they all started asking me if I was OK. And then I realized I was a little dizzy. Turns out some of the guys were having a snowball fight, well, ice balls really. Apparently Jesse's friends made this ice ball, and told him to throw it at this other guy (I don't know his name). This guy was standing between me and Jesse and Jesse's friends. So, when Mr. Anonymous ducked, and the ice ball hit me just over my left eyebrow. Then the ice ball bounced off my head, and hit Sara's foot. Next thing I know I'm surrounded by people asking if I'm OK. I seriously thought I was fine. IT just felt like it normally does when you hit your head, but the way everyone was freaking out made me wonder, so I put my hand up to my head, which I discovered was rapidly swelling. Then Sara told me it was bleeding. Blah. I seriously thought he had just knocked my sunglasses off my head. My first thought after making sure Sara's foot was OK, was "Man, I wanna play football, and have that guy on my team." Then I started not feeling so great, and we all walked to the cabin, after telling the guys that I was OK. Anyway, I got away from the crowd, and tried to clean up the blood. Blah. It wasn't bleeding that much, but it's kinda scraped up like a skinned knee, so it looks really bad. At first it was super embarrassing, but now I'm starting to like all the attention. Anyway, I think I'm going to have my mom take some pictures of it. Sara took some with my cell phone, but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to put them on the computer. So, there aren't any pictures of it when it was really bad. It still looks painful, but doesn't really hurt unless I wiggle my eyebrows or something. Anyway, my eye is now turning black and blue, which I guess is kinda cool.

Hmm, now that I reread this, I'm starting to think that I might hang out with guys too much. I mean, guys are usually proud of injuries, and apparently I'm becoming the same way. Sad.

No comments: